Over the many years I have been on this earth, there have been a ton of cliché …


Over the many years I have been on this earth, there have been a ton of cliché wisdoms thrown at me regarding how I should eat. Eat at least 5 different fruit every day. Drink plenty of water. Eat 3 separate meals every day. Do this , do that, that’s “healthy”. I realized recently that most of this I’ve just taken for granted and never looked into it.⠀ *⠀ *⠀ A n area that I have begun to focus more and more upon is the effect foods have on our brains once it is broken down and enters our blood stream. Ultimately, whatever makes it through our bloodstream will only do one of two things: help the brain focus or lose focus. ⠀ *⠀ *⠀ Most of what we eat will be broken down to one thing: Glucose. We are in full control of how we release glucose to our blood and our brains. Certain foods release glucose quickly, while others do so more slowly. You can eat a donut. Or you can eat a small bowl of oats. There is virtually no difference in the very short term for your brain activity. And the best way to measure this is by choosing to eat foods that are low on the #glycemicindex. But what is the glycemic index? ⠀ *⠀ *⠀ All foods (especially carb-rich ones) are rated a number, and I’ll address it in another post, but as a start, you should know foods with a low glycemic index number gradually release glucose into your bloodstream. This gradual release helps minimize blood sugar swings and optimizes brainpower and mental focus. Bottom line? Google the phrase “glycemic index” and begin to learn more about which foods can power up or power down your brain.⠀ *⠀ *⠀ *⠀ #healthyish #healthy #realfood #eatclean #mindbodygreen #foodasmedicine #wholefoods #biohacking #mindfulness #iamwellandgood #brainfuel #wellness #dietapaleo #macros #ketogenic #ketosis #nutrition #science #ketogenicdiet #lowcarb #healthyliving #vitamins #antioxidants #keto #bulletproof #bulletproofdiet #headstrong #mitochondria #HEMPS #thebestbooch



Source by jaredsprobiotics

ความคิดเห็น

โพสต์ยอดนิยมจากบล็อกนี้